We seek for top talent. We are always looking for imaginative team player who share our philosophy and who want to make the impossible possible.
Job type: Permanent
About Digital Dimension
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual properties and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment! We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.
In close collaboration with the Production Director and the CG Supervisor, the Rigging Supervisor is responsible for the management and supervision of our Rig teams on the several in progress projects.
He organizes and guides the activity of his department from a technical and artistic perspective and ensures the performance and quality of the Rig conceived:
- Actively participates in the definition of the department's pipeline with the CG Supervisor and supervisors from other departments and ensures a smooth and efficient pipeline for the Rig;
- Establishes and improves work processes and develops Rigging tools to enhance production;
- Leads teams of Rigging Artists whom he trains, supervises, and supports throughout the production;
- Organizes and balances the work of his team according to the deadlines, production schedule and employee resources;
- Maintains a high technical quality of Rig assets and provide technical and creative feedback on artist performances;
- Establishes a continuous and effective communication with the animation team and the modeling teams to ensure that all rigs; meet the artistic and technical requirements required;
- Foresees and resolves technical problems and communicates the process with other departments;
- Informs and documents new techniques and creates the required production documents for the rigging team;
- Inspires and encourages collaboration and constructive team dynamic.
Your experiences and qualifications:
- Diploma in a 3D animation program;
- 7 years minimum experience in rigging including 2 years experience in a Rigging Supervisor position;
- Experience in an Unreal pipeline;
- Excellent understanding of rigging techniques and technologies;
- Excellent skills in Maya and Python script;
- Knowledge of mathematics, anatomy and physiology;
- Keen eye for high quality deformation;
- Good understanding of the requirements of the animation team;
- Recognized leadership and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage different projects simultaneously;
- Shows flexibility and is able to adapt to changes;
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and applications;
- Excellent management of priorities;
- Results oriented.
- Knowledge of Motion Builder;
- Knowledge of C++;
- Knowledge of an asset manager, such as Shotgun.
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.