We seek for top talent. We are always looking for imaginative team player who share our philosophy and who want to make the impossible possible.
Job type : 3 month freelance contract starting as soon as possible
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property, and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.
We are looking for a passionate, talented and versatile Lighting Artist - Unreal Engine to help us carry out these new challenges.
The Senior Lighting Artist's role is to set up and optimize the lighting in the right artistic orientation of the project using the tools of the UNREAL engine:
Work closely with the CG Supervisor and the Lighting lead;
- Works jointly with the other departments, in particular the Environments, Characters and Visual Effects departments;
- Translates conceptual illustrations into captivating lighting visuals that support the history and artistic direction of the project;
- Organize one's work according to priorities and deadlines;
- Ensures the homogeneity of the lighting, the color balance and the consistency of all the elements on the different planes;
- Anticipates, identifies and reports any potential production proble;
- Presents solutions and improvements to solve creative and technical problems;
- Research and explore new techniques and tools to improve quality and efficiency;
- Inform the Lighting Lead of the progress of his work and possible problems;
- Creates and documents methods, pipelines and lighting processes;
- Inspires and maintains good work dynamic and effective relationships with his colleagues.
Your experience and qualifications :
- Diploma in 3D animation;
- 3 to 5 years experience in lighting including 1 experience in lighting using a game engine, preferably Unreal;
- Experience in creating AAA game cutscenes, an asset;
- A solid artistic knowledge of lighting techniques, real time and pre-rendering;
- Solid organization, proactivity and artistic sense;
- Eye for visual quality, composition, color theory;
- Acute sense of lights and shadows and great attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and adaptation skills in a versatile context;
- Team player but also able to be autonomous and work independently if necessary;
- Capable of presenting a convincing vision open to criticism;
- Experience with PBR and HDR lighting.
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.