We are BAM, a Digital Experience Agency that thrives on passion and collaboration. We aim to personalize the experience between people and brands through strategy, media, platforms and creative initiatives.
We’ve been in the business for 25 years and in the time that we've started, the journey has been phenomenal. Our current client list includes a who’s who of Fortune 500 companies: Pepsi, P&G, 3M, and Reckitt, with a second office located in New York City. What’s our secret sauce, you might ask? We call it “Careiosity.”
As a backend developer you will work alongside front end developers, full stack developers, programmers or UX specialists to create comprehensive digital solutions for business needs! You will be in charge of building secure and scalable services, manage third-party service integrations or any related needs. Among other tasks, you will also be in charge of maintaining and optimizing existing back-end elements to ensure they’re as fast and efficient as possible. Data management, security and compliance might also be considered depending on the projects you will be working on. You will for sure have plenty of technical challenges to cope with.
In summary, the ideal candidate has a unique blend of technical expertise and insatiable curiosity, with a methodical, analytical mindset to ultimately deliver functionality and an engaging user experience.
What you will do
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders, project managers, quality assurance teams, and other developers regarding progress on the long-term technology roadmap
- Produce quality code, raising the bar for the whole team on quality and speed
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives
- Optimization of web applications for performance and scalability
- Building and maintaining web applications
- Assessing the efficiency and speed of current applications
- Managing hosting environments
- QA testing
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Keeping on top of new technologies
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject, such as Computer Science (Ideally 2-4 experience)
- Experience with Drupal and wordpress. (Laravel, Symfony frameworks not mandatory)
- Experience with MySQL database systems
- Version control, such as Git, CVS or SVN
- Knowledge of SOAP and REST web services
- Additional knowledge of React, Angular or any frontend frameworks
Perks @ BAM
- Competitive benefits: BAM pays 75% of your health, dental and travel insurance premiums;
- Annual performance bonus and BAM matches your RRSP contributions (up to a maximum);
- Physical and mental wellness initiatives, plus: unlimited sick/personal days;
- Flexible work environment (mix of in-office and remote) with pet-friendly offices;
- Career development & skills training
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.