Sid Lee est une agence créative composée de 600 professionnels œuvrant à l’échelle mondiale à partir de ses bureaux de Montréal, Toronto, New York, Paris et LA. Nos équipes multidisciplinaires misent sur le principe de la collaboration extrême pour bâtir des marques pour un monde moderne, concevant des plateformes de communications imaginatives afin de créer un engagement profond avec les consommateurs d’aujourd’hui, et d’activer les marques à tous les points de contact possibles. Axé sur une réflexion stratégique, notre vaste éventail de services s’étend de la publicité au contenu commandité, du design et branding aux solutions numériques, de l’architecture et design de détail aux médias sociaux, et de l’analyse de données aux plateformes expérientielles et activations. En sortant des sentiers battus afin de créer ce qui compte vraiment, notre compagnie a acquis une réputation internationale en tant que créateur de marque hors pair pour les clients les plus progressistes de l’industrie. Sid Lee a aussi imaginé C2 Montréal, l’un des plus grands événements au monde dans le domaine de l’innovation, et fait partie de kyu, un nouveau collectif d'entreprises créatives établi par Hakuhodo DY Holdings, le deuxième plus vaste réseau d'agences en Asie.
Malheureusement, ou heureusement, les aptitudes ne sont pas la seule chose que l’on recherche. On aime aussi s’entourer de gens attentionnés, avant-gardistes, audacieux et persévérants. Des personnes qui sont curieuses, qui relèvent des défis impossibles et qui amènent à terme leurs idées, même les plus folles, des entrepreneurs de cœur qui n’ont pas peur de l’échec. Ce genre de personne représente les artisans qui rendent notre collectif plus fort, pertinent et humain.
En plus, on fait tout ce qu’il faut pour rendre leur vie plus simple, complète et valorisante. Jette un coup d’œil sur notre site pour voir tous les avantages quotidiens qu’on offre comme des collations, des ateliers, des Summer Fridays et l’option de travailler où tu veux.
- reporting value—ensuring relevant and useful internal and external business reporting processes and controls;
- creating value—developing strategies for sustainable value creation, including financing partners;
- enabling value—supporting the senior management in making decisions and facilitating the understanding of performance of organizational functions or units and providing a clear “state of the union” status on a continuing basis; and
- preserving value—asset and liability management, managing risk in relation to setting and achieving the organization’s objectives, managing the administrative team and implementing and monitoring effective internal control systems.
- Be an effective organizational leader and a key member of senior management;
- Balance the responsibilities of stewardship with business partnership;
- Act as the integrator of an ecosystem and navigator for the organization;
- Be an effective leader of the finance and accounting function; and
- Bring professional qualities to the role and elevate the organization.
Without limiting the generality of the afore-mentioned principles, the specific tasks of the CFO are to:
- Assist the CEO’s of SLG in developing, for the Executive Committee’s approval, a strategic direction and positioning to ensure the SLG’s success;
- Together with the CEO’s and the executive team, develop and recommend to the Board an annual operating plan and financial budget that support SLG’s long-term strategy;
- Drive the process for reliable current and forecasting reports;
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial controls and supporting information systems of SLG;
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and take steps to enhance, where necessary, the internal control systems within SLG; develop appropriate key performance indicators to monitor and drive the financial performance;
- Together with the CEO’s, approve and coordinate changes and improvements to disclosure controls and procedures and internal control over financial reporting;
- Ensure proper training and management of all personnel working on financial, accounting, audit or fiscal matters;
- Oversee and monitor SLG’s financial position, banking and financing activities and capital structure and monitor the respect of banking and financial covenants and hedging arrangements, as applicable;
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations;
- Ensure the adequacy of the insurance coverage;
- Oversee and monitor effective tax strategies and compliance for SLG;
- Oversee and monitor information technology, leaseholds and procurement;
- Ensure that there is an effective succession plan in place for the CFO position and other senior executives of SLG reporting to the CFO;
- Coordinate the preparation of SLG’s financial statements and management discussion and analysis;
- Oversee the mandate and the work of the auditor of SLG;
- Coordinate the annual audit (and any special or non-recurring audit) with SLG's external auditors;
- Drive the M&A process;
- Communicate transparently and collaborate to the fullest extent possible with stakeholders;
- Oversee SLG's processes for identifying, assessing and managing the principal risks of SLG's business, performing risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and risks factor;
- Focus on margin improvement and optimal costs structure of the organization;
- Attend meetings of SLG and its Committees and present the financial information necessary or relevant to SLG and such Committee;
- Assist SLG’s Executive team in performing its duties required under the applicable respective responsibilities;
- Ensure the financial information communicated to external sources fairly portrays the position of SLG;
- Represent SLG in a way that enhances and maintains SLG’s reputation;
- Establish and maintain lines of communications with the financial community mainly bank and oversee the dissemination of SLG’s financial information as necessary; and
- Perform other functions related to the office of the CFO or as may be reasonably requested by SLG’s CEO’s or the Executive team;
The role is based in Montreal at SLG’s headquarters.
The ideal candidate is capable of being a strategic business partner to the CEO and the executive team. He/she understands business value enhancement and risk management, provides excellent guidance, counselling, analysis and recommendations on a broad range of financial, strategic and operational issues. Skilled and confident, he/she asks the tough questions in a team-oriented and respectful manner. Respected for their business savvy, sound judgment, innate wisdom and ability to challenge thinking and perspectives, the CFO will have demonstrated the ability to assess business strengths and weaknesses and implement the processes and controls to help the business succeed.
The CFO will ensure profitable growth necessary through the effective management of financial assets and information resources. In fulfilling this mandate, the CFO will provide leadership to a team of more than 40 people.
Experiences and Competencies
- Education: University degree, combined with a business qualification. A Certified Chartered Accountant (CPA) designation is an important asset;
- 15+ years of senior financial management experience as Vice President Finance and/or Vice President Controller and/or Director of Finance who has evolved within an environment undergoing significant growth;
- Broad and substantive base of finance/controllership business experience, including acquisition integration, financing, and cash management experience. An international accounting controllership experience would be an asset;
- Background or experience in the communications and advertising business and/or the event industry would be an important asset; and
- Has built a high-performance financial organization in a high growth environment.
- Fluent in French and English;
- Strategic thinker; able to see the big picture and provide wise business counselling to the CEO and the executive team;
- Hands-on; results-oriented and performance focused, and deeply engaged in the business;
- Dynamic and high-energy individual with an entrepreneurial style;
- Motivated by the challenges and rewards associated with a fast growing, disruptive and creative organization;
- Has been in position long enough to plan, implement and live with the results of his/her decisions;
- Articulated communicator who presents well in different situations and contexts. He/She has the ability to engage people at all levels, internally and externally; and
- Leader and team-builder who places a clear priority on communication, development and retention of a high quality and motivated team with unquestionable integrity, ethics and standards.
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
Please note that the pre-selection process is carried out by the Espresso-jobs recruiting team
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.