Hyper Hippo is not your ‘average’ company… together we create a cohesive and creative team that does everything from building and publishing mobile games, to player support and acquisition – all while raising the bar across the industry. Projects come and go but here, nothing matters more than our people. We strive to build and maintain an organization with a strong sense of belonging and purpose by creating products and experiences that engage and connect our players around the globe through fun.
As Director of People & Talent you drive innovation through the leadership and execution of all our People practices. You are an architect - responsible for driving the vision and strategic pillars of our programs, processes and systems. Starting as a sole practitioner, you will be building your team up as our organization continues to scale.
- Design, manage, and execute programs that drive performance and development of our team and leadership.
- Create a world-class employee experience for team members.
- Inspire and excite people from around the globe to join our journey by leading our recruitment partners to develop and deliver innovative talent strategies.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Support the Executive Leadership Team and the Organization; understanding business priorities and creating strategies and solutions to enable desired outcomes across our business and enable sustainable transformation and evolution across Hyper Hippo Entertainment.
- Articulate our Hippo DNA and work with leadership to ensure our core values are reflected in all HR programs.
- Drive our talent acquisition strategy which encompasses employer branding & attraction, industry presence, partnering with recruitment agencies, immigration & visas, candidate experience, onboarding and more.
- Draw on past experiences to provide advise & coaching support to leaders on all People matters
- Deep dive on Hippo’s compensation philosophy and lead the process of market benchmarking, salaries reviews, performance incentives and pay transparency conversations.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning - empowering team members to take on new challenges, supporting a coaching mentality, and establishing individual and team development goals.
- Iterate upon existing & shape new HR programs such as recognition & engagement, community impact, and thought diversity.
- Consider the global perspective when utilizing industry best practices to create and implement policies and guidelines, ensure compliance with employment laws and company policy
- Recognize strengths in others with the ability to coach team members in their professional growth
Why you are perfect for this role:
- You have eight (8) + years of progressive HR experience, ideally within a technology or startup environment, and excitement to roll up your sleeves and contribute to all parts of the HR function
- You have earned a relevant post-secondary education in Human Resources (CPHR designation preferred).
- You are proficient in Google Suite and HRIS systems; BambooHR experience a plus
- Your capacity to manage the day-to-day and multiple projects ensures deadlines are met and expectations are exceeded
- Your adaptable interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills enable strong relationships and collaboration across all levels of the organization
- You possess good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- You’re a creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- You thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Though you have deep knowledge of best practices, you are not afraid to ask for help and seek out ‘best in class’ advisory support when you are in unfamiliar territory
At Hyper Hippo Entertainment, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodation to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require any accommodation during the application or interview process, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please contact us.
We thank all interested, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
Please note that the pre-selection process is carried out by the Espresso-jobs recruiting team
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.