We seek for top talent. We are always looking for imaginative team player who share our philosophy and who want to make the impossible possible.
Start date: July 6, 2020
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual property and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.
In close collaboration with the department’ Supervisor, the Lead Character Artist is responsible for maintaining the quality and artistic consistency of the characters.
Talented artist and technical expert, the perfect candidate guides and supports his team in the creation of characters:
- Capable of creating high quality 3D characters (animals);
- Give clear directives to each member of his team through the different stages of production;
- Offers creative and technical feedback and examines the artists' work to maintain a consistent visual quality;
- Corrects, when necessary, according to comments and requests from the Supervisor and presents solutions or questions to creative or technical problems;
- Explore new techniques and tools to improve quality and efficiency;
- Attends and actively participates in meetings with the artistic direction and the Producer on the project;
- Inspire and encourage good collaboration and team dynamics.
Your experience and skills:
- Diploma in a 3D animation program;
- 5+ years of experience in modeling high-resolution characters and photorealistic models;
- Knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter software, Vray;
- Excellent sense of volume and proportions and attention to detail;
- Work experience with 2D reference;
- Great knowledge of human and animal anatomy;
- Very good ability to synthesize human anatomy, physiological reactions and body language;
- Artistic and creative sense;
- Experience in texture;
- Good understanding of the departments preceding his (Rigging and Lighting);
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- Passion for animation or video games.
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.