Who we are:
Turbulent is a place where individuals activate their techno-creative intuition. The team is made of: hungry inventors, playful professionals and dedicated craftsmen. We share a spark for turning ideas inside-out. We are fun, courageous, reliable and creative.
What do we do:
We help ambitious companies unlock the potential of their audience. Through an approach that is fun and transparent we co-create improbable impact with our clients. Immersing ourselves in their business reality we deliver strategic guidance and craft technology that increases revenue, improves processes and enriches their client experience.
What makes us stand out:
- We are Montreal-based.
- We believe in equity in the workplace
- Our leadership team is made up of 69% women.
- We have gender parity on our board
- We have supportive management
- We value autonomy
- We have diverse projects which allow you the opportunity to grow
- We guide each other forward, take risks and reach collective goals
- We help new candidates transition and adjust
- We have close communication between our company and candidates
As a member of the Game Services team for Star Citizen, you will be responsible for building the online MMO backend services & related tools, acting on both the server and game-client side. The team is based in Montreal but operates mostly online with studios located in the US and the UK.
Your main objectives will be to:
- Design service APIs to power game features by working closely with Game Designers.
- Develop scalable online macroservices in a large meshed service ecosystem
- Program in tandem with Gameplay Developers to enable the game client
- Take ownership of game features in the MMO architecture from inception to deployment and operation.
- Communications with gRPC & Protobuf
- Gameplay services under Node.JS with Typescript
- High throughput services with C++ and gRPC
- C++ Game Client (StarEngine) communications with gRPC
- Distributed message queues (Kafka)
- Deployment with Kubernetes, Docker, and Linkerd2
- Communicating efficiently with people and translating technical jargon
- Adapting to various contexts, sometimes shifting priorities
- Managing your schedule to ensure productivity and efficiency in projects
- Showing autonomy, being thorough and curious about new technologies
- Getting things done, sharing good practices in backend development, contributing to implementing efficient processes
- Relevant programming experience or Bachelor in Computer Science
- 4 years+ of experience in backend programming
- 2 years+ of experience in programming with Node.js and experience with TypeScript
- Good understanding of Linux shell, git and build pipelines
- Good understanding of real-time network communication through gRPC, WebSocket
- Knowledge of Event-Sourcing and Domain-Driven Design (DDD)
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes; an asset
- Experience working in a video game studio, an asset
- Build macroservices in a polyglot environment
- Be part of a fast-iterating development environment
- Estimate the effort to perform specific tasks, commit to delivery deadlines and help the team set and respect production timeline collectively
- Mentor other developers on technologies you have learned to master
- Designing innovative online services by focusing on fault-tolerance, scalability & security
- Understanding the game features in order to provide clean, well defined, and documented service APIs
- Using Cloud Native technologies to guarantee that Star Citizen is built on top of a sustainable ecosystem
- Providing tools and applications to enable LiveOps teams to manage the game.
- Interacting with infrastructure engineers to analyze, inform, review and improve the reliability and scalability of the game’s backend
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.