Who we are:
Turbulent is a place where individuals activate their techno-creative intuition. The team is made of: hungry inventors, playful professionals and dedicated craftsmen. We share a spark for turning ideas inside-out. We are fun, courageous, reliable and creative.
What do we do:
We help ambitious companies unlock the potential of their audience. Through an approach that is fun and transparent we co-create improbable impact with our clients. Immersing ourselves in their business reality we deliver strategic guidance and craft technology that increases revenue, improves processes and enriches their client experience.
What makes us stand out:
- We are Montreal-based.
- We believe in equity in the workplace
- Our leadership team is made up of 69% women.
- We have gender parity on our board
- We have supportive management
- We value autonomy
- We have diverse projects which allow you the opportunity to grow
- We guide each other forward, take risks and reach collective goals
- We help new candidates transition and adjust
- We have close communication between our company and candidates
- Supervising and analyzing the technical aspects of the projects of Turbulent Core team, our central team in charge of carrying out different projects for our clients, each mandate having its share of technological challenges and opportunities to use your creative spirit. You will be at the head of a team of experts made up of several senior and intermediate developers, and will work closely with the leads of the Core team. In this role, you will ensure the feasibility of the concepts from a technological point of view while acting as a support for the developers of this team. You will help develop an adequate and cohesive technology strategy throughout the team design and production process. You will also participate in maintaining a strong technological vision within Turbulent and work closely with the CTO.
- Working in a team, communicating, listening and taking others’ ideas into account. You value technical conversations and communication.
- Sharing constructive feedback, explaining your ideas and thoughts clearly
- Demonstrating collaborative and positive leadership. You have a unifying spirit and you know how to highlight the strengths of your team members.
- Adapting to different contexts, sometimes shifting priorities
- Human relationships. You advocate a sense of justice and fairness to all.
- Knowing your strengths as well as your opportunities for improvement. You’re not afraid to admit your mistakes and uncertainties.
- Organization and management
- Degree in computer science or other related fields
- 10 years+ of experience in web development
- Excellent knowledge of modern web communication technologies (GraphQL, REST, Websocket)
- Excellent mastery of the production cycle of web and multimedia projects
- In-depth knowledge of deployment and hosting strategies
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, Docker and AWS environments
- Experience and strong attraction for technology analysis and planning
- Good knowledge of technological evolutions as well as popular frontend and backend frameworks. You have a strong interest in emerging technologies and technology watch.
- Good understanding of different performance optimization strategies
- Experience in high traffic client-server architecture design
- Excellent mastery of test automation strategies
- Knowledge of different continuous integration tools and strategies (CI)
- Knowledge of backend programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala, Objective C
- Advising the CCO on challenges and technological issues regarding all projects of the Core team
- Making recommendations on the allocation of technical resources to be deployed, technologies and relevant architectural solutions to be used for the various mandates
- Guiding Producers in the development and execution of technical plans for projects
- Defining and supervising the general strategy of the technical development of the solutions: production flow, tools, development procedures, etc.
- Performing a full estimate of the work to be done, raising the possible risks of the proposed solution as well as finding the necessary mitigations
- Facilitating the technical understanding of the project for all stakeholders as well as documenting the critical technical aspects of the project
- Providing support to the development team through regular follow-ups and participating in the development of the team's continuous evaluation process. The improvement and progress of your team are at the heart of your priorities.
- Taking part in the programming of features on some of the mandates
- Participating in the evangelization of good practices within the company together with the Technical Leads and the CTO
- Participating in the standardization of Turbulent approaches in development
- Assisting the CCO in client presentations regarding the technological aspect of mandates and supporting the sales team from a technical point of view
- Developing trustful relationships with internal and external customers
- Assisting in the recruiting effort of technical resources as well as their integration
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.