Who we are:
Turbulent is a place where individuals activate their techno-creative intuition. The team is made of: hungry inventors, playful professionals and dedicated craftsmen. We share a spark for turning ideas inside-out. We are fun, courageous, reliable and creative.
What do we do:
We help ambitious companies unlock the potential of their audience. Through an approach that is fun and transparent we co-create improbable impact with our clients. Immersing ourselves in their business reality we deliver strategic guidance and craft technology that increases revenue, improves processes and enriches their client experience.
What makes us stand out:
- We are Montreal-based.
- We believe in equity in the workplace
- Our leadership team is made up of 69% women.
- We have gender parity on our board
- We have supportive management
- We value autonomy
- We have diverse projects which allow you the opportunity to grow
- We guide each other forward, take risks and reach collective goals
- We help new candidates transition and adjust
- We have close communication between our company and candidates
- As a member of the Turbulent Game Services team working on Star Citizen, you will be responsible for building brand new features for the game, such as backend services and related tools, acting on both the server and game-client side. The team is based in Montreal but operates mostly online - Timezone GMT-4 - alongside Cloud Imperium Games’ studios. A unique opportunity to contribute to the largest AAA space sim game ever!
- Communicating efficiently with people and translating technical jargon
- Adapting to various contexts, sometimes shifting priorities
- Managing your schedule to ensure productivity and efficiency in projects
- Showing autonomy, being thorough and curious about new technologies
- Getting things done, sharing good practices in backend development, contributing to implementing efficient processes
- Working well in a cooperative environment
- Showing a passion for developing and playing video games
- 4 years+ of experience in backend programming
- Experience working in the game industry for at least 1.5 years on a AAA PC or console title using C++. You have strong C++ programming skills.
- Experience programming game features and systems
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills
- Good understanding of development in CryEngine/Lumberyard
- One or more shipped PC products; an asset
- Online game or MMO development experience, including interfacing with backend server code; an asset
- Collaborating with team members to develop various gameplay systems for the intergalactic game Star Citizen
- Designing and implementing well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Developing and testing code, fixing bugs as well as profiling and optimize code as directed
- Communicating with other team members, internal customers and external stakeholders to determine requirements
- Identifying technical obstacles and generating solutions to overcome identified risks
- Documenting and participating to peer review of technical designs with other software engineers
- Working with the QA team in order to provide the information needed to fully test developed code
- Providing support to internal customers for developed software
- Keeping up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices and technologies
- Mentoring other software engineers as needed to increase their abilities and productivity
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.