As a video game developer and immersive experiences designer, iLLOGIKA truly is the result of technology meeting creativity. Our team is passionate about the worlds they create and is always ready to experiment with the latest technologies.
Based in Montreal and reuniting a team of 60 experts, our studio offers designs and concepts to Canadian and international clients. These collaborations brought video games, interactive installations, as well as virtual and augmented reality projects to life.
We are looking for a Lead 3D Environment Artist to join our team on the production of our next PC/Console game. This exciting project, based on a successful movie franchise, offers an immersive experience to players.
The Lead Artist will manage a small team of Level artists and 3D Artists, will offer technical and conceptual solutions, and will also take part in the production of assets and environments.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Description of responsibilities
- Understand the art direction of the project and its technical challenges, make sure they are respected throughout the development;
- Offer solutions to improve the pipeline between the Level Art and the Level Design teams;
- Work closely with the Creative Director and the Level Design team;
- Ensure that assets respect the artistic vision of the game and meet the quality standards;
- Produce 3D assets, level art and environments for the project;
- Maintain effective informational flow to the team to ensure that team members are aligned with the objectives of the project;
- Offer creative and technical feedback to the team;
- Inspire and motivate a team of creative talents.
Experience for the position
- Has shipped at least two (2) games as lead artist and one experience on a realistic game;
- Have a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play;
- Excellent knowledge of 3D softwares (3DS Max, Zbrush, Maya, etc.);
- Good knowledge of Photoshop or other equivalent packages;
- Good knowledge of the Unreal game engine is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented attitude;
- Problem solving attitude;
- French & English, written and spoken.
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.