As a video game developer and immersive experiences designer, iLLOGIKA truly is the result of technology meeting creativity. Our team is passionate about the worlds they create and is always ready to experiment with the latest technologies.
Based in Montreal and reuniting a team of 60 experts, our studio offers designs and concepts to Canadian and international clients. These collaborations brought video games, interactive installations, as well as virtual and augmented reality projects to life.
Our team is looking for a Lead 3D Artist who will participate in the art workflow and vision of the studio. Working with the Art Director, the person will manage a multidisciplinary team of artists, will offer technical and conceptual solutions, and will also take part in the production of assets.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Description of responsibilities
Art Management (≅50%)
- Work closely with the Art Director;
- Validate assets and make sure they meet the artistic vision of the game and our quality standards;
- Ensure that the art portions of the projects are delivered on time;
- Maintain effective informational flow to the team to ensure that team members are aligned with the objectives of the project;
- Inspire and motivate a team of creative talents;
- Take part in the interview and hiring process;
- Coach junior artists. Give technical and creative feedback;
- Conduct performance reviews of artists with the Art Director;
- Participate in pitches and help with estimations.
3D production (≅50%)
- For different projects, assess technical challenges related to art and the 3D pipeline, offer solutions and mitigate risks throughout the development;
- Help install an efficient workflow;
- Produce 3D assets/environments/props.
Experience for the position
- Has shipped at least two games and has a significant experience as a lead artist;
- Has a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play;
- Excellent knowledge of 3D softwares (3DS Max, Zbrush, Maya, etc.);
- Good knowledge of the Unity and/or Unreal game engine;
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented attitude;
- Pro-active & problem solving attitude;
- Ability to adapt to a variety of projects;
- French & English, written and spoken.
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.