We seek for top talent. We are always looking for imaginative team player who share our philosophy and who want to make the impossible possible.
The 3D Animation Supervisor will join the team working on THE Netflix animated series that awakens the dead: Army of the Dead, Lost Vegas; directed by Zack Snyder (Justice League, 300, Dawn of the Dead) and Jay Olivia (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns).
Armed with an impressive cast, the animated series traces the story of Scott (Dave Bautista) and his team of mercenaries during the initial fall of Vegas as they face the mysterious source of a zombie outbreak. Action, hemoglobin and suspense are part of their daily life.
Ready for the zombie apocalypse?
In collaboration with the Production Manager and CG Supervisor, the Animation Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of animators for a project using the Unreal environment.
With exceptional animation skills and a great capacity for organization and leadership, he guides and develops his team on a daily basis.
He thus ensures the maintenance and continuity of performances while respecting the technical and artistic requirements of the production and the client:
- Participate in the creation of a strategy, the establishment of an overall vision and ensure the execution of these for each project;
- Respects the client's instructions and takes all the necessary means to ensure their proper development;
- Ensures that the animation provided by his team matches the artistic and technical quality criteria of the plan required by the client and, by extension, the Production Department;
- Ensures compliance with the production schedule by his team;
- Researches and creates production documents to define the style of animation (the style of movement and the personality of the characters) and is on the lookout for new technologies or ways of doing things;
- Supervises the production of the layout (location of the main objects and positioning of the characters/creatures in the shots, selection of angles and camera movements), in close collaboration with the Leads of the layout and modeling departments;
- Fixes a quality standard for animation;
- Participate in some client meetings, production meetings, dailies and approval sessions for animation;
- Works in concert with Supervisors to establish production priorities, identify problems and make the necessary corrections;
- Actively participates in the design of the animation system and solves problems;
- Demonstrates leadership and fosters a positive and productive work environment.
Your experiences and qualifications:
- Holder of a diploma in 3D animation studies;
- 7 years minimum experience including two years in a supervisory position;
- Experience in realistic animation (CG, cutscenes, video games, VFX);
- Excellent knowledge of Maya;
- Good knowledge of Unreal;
- Very good knowledge of animation in general;
- Excellent notions and understanding of cameras, weight, timing and position;
- Recognized leadership and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to clearly communicate an artistic vision;
- Demonstrates flexibility and able to adapt to changes;
- Great autonomy;
- Excellent management of priorities;
- Able to work under pressure;
- Ability to manage different projects simultaneously.
- Experience in Motion Capture animation;
- Knowledge of Shotgun.
About Digital Dimension :
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual properties and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment!
We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.