We seek for top talent. We are always looking for imaginative team player who share our philosophy and who want to make the impossible possible.
Start date: february 2021
The Animation Technical Director will join the team for the production of the Netflix animated series that awakens the Dead: Army of the Dead, Lost Vegas; directed by Zack Snyder (Justice League, 300, Dawn of the Dead) and Jay Olivia (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns).
Armed with an impressive cast, the animated series traces the story of Scott (Dave Bautista) and his team of mercenaries during the initial fall of Vegas as they face the mysterious source of a zombie outbreak. Action, hemoglobin and suspense are part of their daily life.
Ready for the zombie apocalypse?
You will work closely with the animation, pipeline and rigging teams to bring technical solutions to a wide range of production challenges to support the integration of the Unreal pipeline.
Your primary focus is to maximize the efficiency of our artists in the Animation Department. While in this role, you will collaborate directly with the Animation Department Supervisor, Leads and CG Supervisor, to lead the way in animation tools development:
- Develop, deploy, and maintain pipeline tools in Maya, to assist the Animation team with immediate and future production needs;
- Develop, maintain and monitor a good implementation of practices to ensure both character assets and animations are working properly in the Unreal 4 sequencer;
- Test current and newly developed tools to ensure an operational quality, and oversee their effective use by the artists;
- Be a primary point of contact for the Rigging, Pipeline and Unreal teams, in order to facilitate the needs of the Animation team;
- Provide information and support to the pipeline team in the development and deployment of several tools and software ;
- Troubleshoot scenes in Maya and Unreal Engine and communicate with any intersecting departments to ensure issues are resolved.
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of experience to develop tools in the animation industry;
- Additional experience as an animator, rigging and / or layout artist;
- Experience in production of television series, films or video games;
- Experience in the development and integration of tools in a pipeline;
- Good knowledge of Unreal;
- Experience in using Unreal's sequencer;
- Strong knowledge of Maya;
- Good knowledge of Python;
- Focused on problem solving;
- Good communication skills on technical and creative aspects;
- Ability to create and maintain technical guides.
- TD experience in other departments (lighting, modeling etc.) is a plus!
- Knowledge of Mel;
- Knowledge of MotionBuilder.
About Digital Dimension:
Digital Dimension is a visionary 3D animation studio based in Montreal. We design, develop and produce our own intellectual properties and that of others for different platforms.
We are a team of passionate artists, full time geeks carried by a healthy and stimulating environment! We carefully select our projects to put our know-how at the service of what drives us.
We are committed to maintaining a good work-life balance, encouraging curiosity, and promote communication so that work becomes a real cooperative playground.
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.