Who we are:
Turbulent is a place where individuals activate their techno-creative intuition. The team is made of: hungry inventors, playful professionals and dedicated craftsmen. We share a spark for turning ideas inside-out. We are fun, courageous, reliable and creative.
What do we do:
We help ambitious companies unlock the potential of their audience. Through an approach that is fun and transparent we co-create improbable impact with our clients. Immersing ourselves in their business reality we deliver strategic guidance and craft technology that increases revenue, improves processes and enriches their client experience.
What makes us stand out:
- We are Montreal-based.
- We believe in equity in the workplace
- Our leadership team is made up of 69% women.
- We have gender parity on our board
- We have supportive management
- We value autonomy
- We have diverse projects which allow you the opportunity to grow
- We guide each other forward, take risks and reach collective goals
- We help new candidates transition and adjust
- We have close communication between our company and candidates
What you will do
As a member of the Turbulent Core team, you will participate in the modernization of platforms written in PHP. You will contribute to the adoption of an architecture plan and its development, while raising the possible risks of the proposed solution and finding the necessary mitigations. You want to push the boundaries of technology as well as become a key resource for your team.
You’re Savvy in
- Communicating and collaborating closely with colleagues of différente expertise
- Adapting to various contexts, sometimes shifting priorities
- Being open to feedback. You believe that teamwork helps build more robust solutions.
- Producing clear documentation
- Having a sense of thoroughness, demonstrating autonomy and putting creative solutions froward
- Working in a French-speaking environment. Being fluent in English is an asset.
You Have Accomplished
- 5 years+ of experience in PHP development
- Experience with web platforms such as Symfony, Laravel or other similar frameworks
- Good knowledge of SOLID principles and object oriented programming
- Familiarity with search engines such as Solr and Elasticsearch
- Ability to visualize interactions in a large-scale project
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Relevant experience with high volume projects and systems
- Knowledge of security best practices for large scale projects
You Are Eager to Take On
- Participating in the modernization of web platforms maintained by the Turbulent Core team
- Contributing to the adoption of an architectural plan and its development
- Raising the possible risks of the proposed solutions and finding the necessary mitigations
- Setting up and maintaining servers, databases and web applications with PHP, MySQL and Linux
- Executing deployments while ensuring that the platform remains functional and bug free
- Participating in code reviews and providing the appropriate feedback constructively as needed
Turbulent is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
This text represents you? Then submit your application via Espresso-jobs.ca
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.